The WSA Young Innovators is a special call within the framework of WSA, that promotes and awards young social entrepreneurs. The WSA Young Innovators is a special recognition for young people under 26 years of age, using ICTs to take action on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs). Together with the WSA winners of each year, they are honoured as outstanding digital innovation with social impact. From 2020 on, EYA (European Youth Award) becomes part of WSA. The pan European initiative highlighting and encouraging purpose driven digital entrepreneurship will be merged into WSA as WSA European Young Innovators. 2 become 1 – WSA and EYA merge to foster social sustainable impact, offer support and wider opportunities for young digital entrepreneurs globally. The participation in the WSA Young Innovators is open to any entrepreneur, company, student group or project team – at least one of the founding members and the majority of the team must be under the age of 26 (born on or after January 1, 1994). The WSA Young Innovators call is eligible for projects that:
- Are developed by young innovators under the age of 26
- Offer digital solutions to any of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Eliver content-rich digital solutions to the user including individuals, businesses, and organisations
- Have a strong digital component: websites, apps, SMS based solutions, IoT, wearables etc.
- Are market ready or already launched on the market – no ideas or concepts are eligible